Thursday, September 28, 2006

Knit Sock Kit and other ramblings

Today in the mail my KSKS swap kit arrived. Turns out my pal who did a wonderful job, asked her college age son to mail it and he forgot. Hey I understand I have two college kids and both forget things that I ask them to do. It was a wonderful package though. A cute flowered bag, just the right size for socks and inside was some yarn she dyed for me special called "Cherrie Pie", a yarn cutter, a tape measure (she must be a mind reader I just lost mine somewhere) a glow in the dark sheep some little post it notes and some smoked salmon. The kitties must have smelled the salmon because they were trying to open the box as soon as I brought it in the house.



Can you see
the glow in the dark sheep?
It is hiding in the yarn.










Next I won the contest at Jeanne's Blog to guess how many socks in her pile and here are the goodies that I got for my prize.

A sock blocker key chain, a sheep pin, a sheep pez dispenser with sour pez, a skein of Socks that Rock yarn and some greenies for the kitties, plus two mice and a sparkly ball and of cours Ducky had to inspect everything and as of today we are missing one red mouse, but I am sure it will turn up.






So what have I been knitting you ask well....


It seems I have 5 pairs of socks going
and one red scarf for the red scarf project.
Plus a baby hat (not pictured) .




You see I have the red socks for the Red-sock-knit-along, then the blueish denim kind of ones in upper right corner for fun, the striped ones are for my work and car project just plain vanilla, and the top is Regia Bamboo but I am not happy with the pattern so I am at a sticking point.

I usually do some socks for CIC but this year decided to do a scarf for the Red Scarf project and I think I have enough yarn left to do a skully type hat too.

And finally I do have a wonderful husband who even fixes kitchen sinks

4 comments:

Kari said...

I love the color of the yarn in the first picture.

lol, on your cat inspecting your stuff.

I was thinking of doing a scarf for the red scarf project. I need to look up when they need them by again. I want to finish my Christmas present projects first, but I still should have plenty of time to make a scarf after that.

Jeanne said...

Wow! You've had a week full of all sorts of goodies.

Beverly said...

Great kit--glad it arrived!

Chris said...

I'm glad your kit arrived! What a great goodie week for you. :)