Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sockret Pal Questionnaire

I am participating in the Sockret Pal Swap and here is my questionnaire.

Sock-ret Pal Questionnaire

The basics:

How long have you been knitting? since I was 8 stopped for awhile then took up socks about 6 yrs ago
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? I could knit a pair in my sleep of basic socks and have been known to knit at plays and movies in the dark

The measurements:

While your pal may ask for some additional info to ensure a great fit, please provide your shoe size, or any other fitting related info you think is pertinent. 8-8.5 wide I will have to measure some socks, you see I knit until the sock hits the front of my ankle and then turn the heel and a short cuff usually 6 " or so.

(fiber related) Favorites:

What colors do you love? reds and denim type blues not overly fond of purple

Do you prefer solids or variegated? either

What fibers do you most love to knit with? wool and wool blends natural fibers not too crazy about cotton

Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendor? socks that rock, lucy neatby, trekking, lorna's laces, ellen's half pint farm I have not met a yarn I did not like

What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you most enjoy knitting? Hats mittens quick projects, although I am starting a red sweater

(fiber related) Dislikes:

What fibers can you not stand to knit with? To wear? none

What colors would you never wear? Yellow

The Tools:

Plastic or Metal? Bamboo or wood? metal and wood

Circs or Straights? circulars

DPNs or Magic Loop? Two 24" at once for my socks and usually from the toe up

Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like? I have to think about this because there are really alot of them but the first one that comes to mind is a sheep or cat tape measure

The Extras:

Do you have a wish list? If so, please share the link!

Do you like sweet, sour or salty? (or all of the above? *S*) sweet or salty, dark chocolate is my favorite

Do you have any allergies your pal should know about? (Certain foods, smoke, pet hair, etc) allergic to most perfumes and make ups

Favorite scents? Scents you can't stand? I am okay with apple or mint or coffee scented things

Do you collect anything (other than yarn and knitting toys of course)? I am not really a collector

When is your birthday? (month and day is fine!) 01/25

Do you spin? Dye your own yarn? dye my own when I have time

Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you think will help your pal know you better...

I read a lot of mysteries. l work for an airline, so I have traveled all over the US and some countries in Europe. I really liked Denmark,Amsterdam and Paris, but have not got a favorite place to go, my favorite type of travel is a cruise, because you don't have to do anything if you don't want to or you can do all kinds of things. I listen to Jazz and Country, no particular favorite bands or artists. My favorite animal is cats.

No comments: