Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Let me Bowl you over

I have been working on a felted bowl for Cliff's (Megan's boyfriend)Birthday. The colors match their dishes. The first bowl I tried came out too tall.

Here is a picture of the too tall felted bowl:




Here is a picture of the next size not yet felted a different shape too...














Here is the felted finshed product....






For the second bowl I did a provisional cast on and less rows before the mitred squares, then when I did the I cord bind off it made the top have a scalloped edge.

This morning at Latvian Knitting one of the ladies had made a felted mobeius bowl from Cat Bordhi's Second Treasury. I really liked the shape and decided that instead of a mobeius on top I would do a latvian twist. So more felted bowls to come.

I have almost finished my baby sweater for the Baby Sweater Knit along at www.k3tog.typepad.com. Pictures to come soon.

The screens are on and Boo has a new vocation he follows outside animals from window to window.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Your 2nd bowl came out great! I love the shape.

Those moebius bowls are really cool. I have 2/3 of a moebius cat bed knitted - I think you'll enjoy learning Cat Bordhi's very funky moebius cast on.

Kelly said...

The second bowl is so cute. I really like the scalloped edge.

Jeanne said...

That second bowl is great! Turned out very nice. Can't wait to see the baby sweater.